Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor indicating permission obtained from the original publisher). If the submission is published by the Journal of Law in the Middle East, you must contact the Journal prior to any subsequent re-publishing.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- You acknowledge that all published submissions are the property of RELX Group and can be published worldwide in print and electronic form in any RELX title or electronic service.
In depth, original scholarly research on a legal theme or research question related to law in the Middle East. 20,000 words including footnotes (+/- 10%). Analysis and research must be extensive. Article submissions may also include journal article or book reviews addressing recent publications on Islamic law, individually or collectively.
Focused research on a specific topic or point of law. 8,000 words including footnotes (+/- 10%). Though usually narrower in scope and scope and focus, the line between essays and articles is not rigid.
Brief commentary on basic facts and outcome of a single noteworthy case in the Middle East. 1,500 words including footnotes (+/- 10%). The commentary should be concise and brief, offering only necessary analysis on the outcome and impact of the decision issued.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.